‘Tis the season to give! M.C. Mobility Systems has the joy of working with so many amazing non-profit organizations that we want to give back to this holiday season. While you are in the giving mood, we strongly encourage you to consider donating to or getting involved with one or more of the following organizations:
Remarkable Families Symposium
Remarkable Families Symposium is a conference for parents of children with disabilities. It is a great opportunity to network with other families with disabilities, gather information, and learn about resources that can help. The 2013 conference will be held Friday, March 1, 2013 from 9:00AM – 3:30PM. To learn more about sponsoring this event contact Dr. Thomas Knestrict. If you are interested in attending the event, registration is already open!
Ohio Valley MS Society Chapter
The Ohio Valley Chapter of the MS Society provides support to patients and families living with Multiple Sclerosis in the greater Ohio Valley area. This month they have some great opportunities to give and get some of your holiday shopping out of the way to boot!
- “Ask the Experts” & Annual Awards Celebration is an annual panel discussion and awards ceremony for those who have given of their time and talents throughout the year. The event will be held December 8, from 10:30am – 12:30pm. The cost is $25 per person and $20 for clients. Visit the event page for more details.
- Purchase a National MS Society Bow Tie in silver and orange for an extra special holiday gift! Orange is the official color of the National MS Society & silver is in honor of Silver Hope Award winner Les Vann. The dot pattern on the bow tie represents a healthy myelin sheath, further exemplifying this important cause. These are in limited supply and are available for $57/each. Here’s how to get one.
- Want to do something great for MS Research and get a gift for the music lover in your life at the same time? Give the gift of music by browsing the MS Music store. You can give 10 songs for just $12.60, with all benefits going to the Ohio Valley Chapter.
Ohio Buckeye MS Society Chapter
Ohio’s other MS Society Chapter has a similar mission, but offers another way to give. The Ohio Buckeye Chapter is currently seeking artists and art lovers to help with “An Orange and White Affair”. This art show will exhibit artwork by people impacted by MS as well as other Ohio artists, while providing a way to learn more about volunteer opportunities, MS programs and services, and the MS Walk. For information on purchasing tickets for yourself or an art lover in your life, or to provide artwork for sale, auction, or show at the event, visit the Orange and White Affair website.
Fore Hope is a unique organization that helps improve the lives of persons with disabilities of all ages and economic backgrounds through therapeutic golf. This unique therapy assists with cognitive, emotional, physical, and social development. Fore Hope accepts all kinds of donations, including cash gifts, charitable bequests, corporate sponsorship, and in-kind donations to name a few. They are also always seeking volunteers. End of year giving is a great time to make a donation in honor of a golf lover in your life, and of course all donations are tax deductible.
Toward Independence is a non-profit which provides a range of services and support programs for individuals with developmental disabilities. This organization has some great holiday events and unique opportunities to give this holiday season:
- Need a last minute holiday gift? Buy a set of Art & Soul Note Cards created by some amazing artists with developmental disabilities. Each card includes an artist picture and bio, and all proceeds benefit Art & Soul Exhibit 2013. Download the Art & Soul Note Cards Order Form now.
- Do you still need to get your kiddos out to see Santa? Bring them down to the Toward Independence Office Building Saturday, December 8 at 4:00 PM to meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus! More info about the festivities is available at the Xenia Chamber of Commerce site.
This is the time of year when so many of us are the most willing to give. We hope that you will help support these important organizations that have done so much for our customers throughout the year. Let’s make 2013 the best year yet for them!Tags: disabilities, giving, Holiday, mobility, non-profit, Ohio, organizations, Symposium, wheelchair van