Get your adaptive vehicle ready!
If you’re ready to upgrade your adaptive or wheelchair accessible vehicle to a newer model, trading in or reselling your current car or van can give your budget an expansion. Like with any business deal, there are pros and cons to each solution. While selling your vehicle on your own time may get you extra money, this can be a very lengthy process. Because adaptive vehicles are built to fit a specific person’s needs, it might not be adequate for just any interested buyer. If you choose to trade-in your vehicle at a mobility dealership, you are much more likely to complete the sale in a more expeditious manner and by the time your new ride is ready for delivery. Whichever route you choose to take, here are a few tips to get your vehicle ready for its next owners. Have your vehicle washed, waxed and detailed by a professional.
- Have your vehicle washed, waxed and detailed by a professional. If your car looks good, it’s likely to attract more buyers.
- Ensure all safety features and adaptive components are still in working condition and running smoothly.
- Make any needed repairs. These might be small investments, but they can add hundreds to the resale value.
- Consider replacing your tires if they have seen better days.
- Remove all personal items. Your witty bumper sticker might be hilarious to you but it might not be your buyer’s cup of tea.
- Have all necessary documents ready to go, including your registration, owner’s manual, equipment manuals and repair receipts.
M.C. Mobility Systems, Inc. offers trade-in and resale services for wheelchair accessible vans. Bring your vehicle in to your local M.C. Mobility store to get an appraisal or call today – #440-925-5806.
This mobility update has been brought to you by M.C. Mobility Systems. For more information about wheelchair accessible vehicles, visit MCMobilitySystems.com to find the dealership nearest you.
Tags: accessible, adaptive, Sale, Trade-In, Upgrading, Wheelchair, wheelchair van