Although we at MC Mobility Systems encour
age a healthy lifestyle, every occasion calls for something sweet! Which is why we bring to you: Sweetheart Chow, a romantic spin on an old favorite, puppy chow! The following recipe is perfect for yourself or for someone special this Valentine’s Day. Try it; it’s tasty and simple!
5 oz white chocolate chips
5 oz red candy melts
1 teaspoon shortening
5 cups Chex cereal
1 cup strawberry cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 package valentines chocolate M&M’s
1. Start by dividing the Chex cereal into two bowls. (2 1/2 cups in each)
2. In a microwave safe dish, melt the 5 oz white chocolate chips. Add 1/2 teaspoon shortening so that it will spread evenly. Microwave 30 seconds at a time and be careful not to burn the chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into the first bowl of Chex and mix evenly to coat all of the cereal.
3. Melt the red candy melts next, also 30 seconds at a time. Once they are melted, pour over the second bowl of Chex and mix until coated.
4. In two large Zip-lock bags, put 1/2 cup strawberry cake mix and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in each bag. Dump each bowl of Chex cereal into each bag and shake until coated with the powdered sugar and strawberry powdered cake mix.
5. Mix both bags together in a large bowl, and stir in the M&Ms, combining all of the flavors and ingredients.