Fall is the best time to enjoy a warm, tasty dessert – especially when the main ingredient is in season. This (slightly healthier) version of Apple Crisp will have you asking for seconds, or thirds! Great for a “crisp” fall day.
Let us know what you think!
7-8 large apples (peeled and sliced)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking power
3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
1. Peel and slice the apples and place in a bowl. Add cinnamon and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Mix well.
2. Pour the apples into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
3. Combine remaining maple syrup, honey, lemon juice, flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and coconut oil. Mix well.
4. Spread the oat mixture over the apples.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until top is golden brown.